Trades Assistant Mechanical | 7/7 | Mount Keith - Surface | Day shift
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As a candidate who enjoys working in an environment of high safety and operational standard you will:
- Manage onsite tool store
- Customer service skills to communicate effectively to internal employees and external contracting partners
- Creating purchase requisition and liaising with SAP suppliers
- Be comfortable in the use of computerised system of SAP, excel, word and outlook
- Manage stock levels of work consumables
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in the implementing of new initiatives in a constructive way.
- Take personal responsibility for helping the team achieve expected results by doing what is required and taking timely actions within the scope of competence without being supervised.
- Undertake training on regular basis and provide support and coaching to work mates within the area of competence
- Promote and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable crews to work safely.
If you have worked or are new to a maintenance role you believe that your maintenance future could be in mining then we might have a relevant opportunity for you if you hold the following:
- Warehousing or tool store experience
- C Class drives licence
- Desirable – SAP knowledge and experience and Forklift licence
- Intermediate computer skills
- Exposure to FIFO or shift work
- Strong presentation, communication and coaching skills and the ability to work closely in a team environment
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- Be focused on working collaboratively within your team to achieve results.
You will be working at 7 days on 7 days off roster – Day shift only at Mount Keith Mine.
Nickel West is one of the most sustainable nickel producers in the world and the world's leading nickel supplier to the battery metals market and part of our Minerals Australia business. Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business operating in various locations across Western Australia. All nickel operations (open-cut and underground mines, concentrators, a smelter and refinery) are located in Western Australia.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.