Client Representative Water Services | Iron Ore | Perth | Mon-Fri
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Client Representative - Water Services to join our team on a Monday to Friday work week. The role will be based in our Perth office with regular site travel required. Relocation cost will be considered for the right applicant.
Reporting to the Superintendent Water – Operational Technical and Compliance, you will Operate as an interface between the operations, project team, technical standards, and other stakeholders in the successful delivery of fit for purpose Capital Investment Projects, which meet the NPI’s operational, financial, environmental, and social requirements.
In addition to these responsibilities will include:
- Being an active member of the project team, representing the operational stakeholders as the single point of contact throughout the project lifecycle;
- Identifying to the project teams the key risks and business impacts that may arise during the project life cycle and ensuring key stakeholders are informed on potential impacts, mitigation and contingency measures;
- Undertaking the early identification and resolution of key stakeholder issues relating to project design and delivery to ensure whole of business requirements are considered;
- Assisting in the development of Statement of Requirements (SoR) ensuring the requirements are defined in respect to safety, environment and operation & maintenance;
- Preparing / reviewing the operational funding component of the Operational Budget Cycle;
- Ensuring the Operational Readiness (Asset Handover) Agreement is prepared and agreed prior to project execution;
- Arranging and coordinating participation by O&M representatives at key design hold points and ensure acceptance of design is based on sufficient information to adequately review the operability and maintainability of the asset;
- Actively monitor and encourage prioritised management of defects and punch lists during the project to achieve zero defects at Asset transfer;
- Take the lead in initiating improvements in the delivery process to achieve best value fit for purpose assets;
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership and communication skills. Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships and your ability to consolidate and analyse information will provide critical thinking and a solution-focused attitude.
You will possess:
- Extensive water related operational and asset management experience in a capital-intensive industry;
- Considerable experience in working as a team member in the delivery of capital project projects;
- Substantial experience in management of large-scale multi-disciplinary capital projects as the operational client representative;
- Tertiary or Trade level qualification in Engineering or related discipline is highly regarded;
- Ability to build, maintain and influence stakeholders at various levels.
To find out more about working for BHP please click here
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.