Manager Operational Readiness | Western Australia Asset Projects
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Based in Perth and reporting to the Director Commissioning & Operational Readiness, you will be responsible for leading a highly skilled and diverse team. As a leading contributor and key advisor you will be managing the Operational Readiness Team to safely deliver the requirements of the assigned projects. This will include the management of collaboration with both Project Functions and Operational Teams, participation in project reviews and risk assessments and development of project Operational Readiness strategies. Travel between corporate offices and to assets will be required.
As part of the Commissioning & Operational Readiness Lead Team you will identify and influence strategic initiatives to drive productivity and cultural improvements across Minerals Australia Projects.
Key Accountabilities are:
- Ensure an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental and community responsibility is maintained through Operational Readiness activities.
- Develop, execute and maintain the Operational Readiness strategies across WAAP.
- Manage and further develop the regional Operational Readiness team across WAAP.
- Collaborate closely with Senior Project and Operational representatives to ensure the successful integration and ramp up of projects into their hosting assets.
- Manage change effectively and efficiently to strategically enhance the team’s performance.
- Respectfully and professionally, influence stakeholders to drive optimised outcomes including Operational, Maintenance, Engineering and Technology teams.
- Work closely with the other project streams including Development, Delivery, Commissioning, Project Engineering and Quality to ensure portfolio synergies can be capitalised and lessons learnt leveraged.
Essential experience to be successful in this role is:
- Significant previous experience with tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a trade qualification with relevant experience in Project Management or site operations
- Passion for guiding, developing and influencing teams and individual team members through mentoring and coaching you will bring strong leadership abilities with a demonstrated ability to lead a team that delivers high performance.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.