Maintenance Technician Communications | Mt Keith | FIFO 7/7
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This role is based within our Mining Systems team and is a multi-disciplined position. You will provide maintenance support for all radio communications, fatigue management, HPGPS, FMS and network systems across the site. Performing routine and non-routine maintenance of our mobile fleet and associated systems.
In this role you will work with some of the following systems:
- Tait/Motorola/Sepura/Damm Handhelds, repeaters, and mobile radio communications
- DSS Fatigue Management Systems
- Modular Mining Systems – ProVision 3 HPGPS and Dispatch 6 FMS Software and Hardware
- Trimble GPS systems (installation & maintenance)
- CAT WAVS, Orlaco and Motion Metrics Camera Systems
- Wi-Fi Mesh systems, CCTV and solar power equipment
- Light Vehicle and Heavy Vehicle Equipment including CAT, Hitachi, Komatsu and Liebherr
- Maintenance administration systems including; 1SAP Work Management, Caterpillar TSC, Modular ZenDesk and Service Now.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to BHP Charter, health, safety, environment, and sustainable development
- Ensure that all documentation, data entry and work management is accurately completed
- Maintain a high-level working knowledge of safety processes
- Trade Qualifications in Auto Electrical, Radio Communications or Electronics
- Experience working in an open pit mining operations and exposure to driving within the pit (advantageous)
- A current manual drivers licence
- High Risk Licence - EWP, Forklift, Working at Heights (advantageous)
- Ability and/or willingness to learn to read and interpret electrical circuit diagrams and develop fault finding skills
- Prior working knowledge of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) diagnostic tools - CAT, Liebherr & Hitachi will be highly regarded
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.