Specialist Compliance | Central Queensland | 8:6
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Purpose of this role is to implement the requirements of the Minerals Australia Equipment Compliance Standard across Contracting Partner’s equipment, whilst promoting innovation and best practice across MAu Geoscience Contractors.
As a Specialist Compliance, you will establish and manage the Governance framework by which the Compliance team and contractors will operate.
As part of this position, you will interact with numerous stakeholders across Geoscience and our Bowen Basin Sites. Additionally, you will assist the wider Geoscience team in delivering measurable outcomes as part of a continuous improvement process.
This role will be based in Central Queensland office on a 8/6 roster, offering flexible travel arrangements.
Reporting to Superintendent Asset Systems, your responsibilities include:
- Positively influence and shape team culture to ensure a safe, productive, sustainable and disciplined approach to work
- Be focused on creating a mature safety culture through engaging, developing and coaching
- Build strong effective working relationships across multidisciplinary teams
- Monitor and inspect equipment against all relevant standards, regulations and industry best practice initiatives, including annual inspections.
- Assist with the effective on-site mobilisation and demobilisation of contractors and equipment in accordance with the Contractor Management Framework.
- Audit & conduct field leadership activities with Geoscience Contractors to ensure they are complying with a safe system of work.
- Conduct verifications of Material Risk Critical Controls.
- Develop strong working relationships and support site leaders to ensure in-field adherence to the Equipment Compliance Standard and Risk Framework.
- Assist in, or conduct, investigations and audits where required and conduct reviews of outcomes and actions for adequacy regarding equipment process and engineering controls.
You are forward-thinking and inclusive with a strong focus on safety, people, productivity and innovation. You’re solution focused, and own opportunities to simplify and improve our work. You’re a self-starter, decisive and confidently take action when the work (or geology) deviates from the plan. You’re motivated in your own learning and development, and recognize this is the perfect opportunity to further your career progression.
We celebrate the diversity of thought and experience within our team, we each bring different strengths which empowers our collective success. You’re an emerging leader and capable project manager – there is no mandatory experience or qualifications, your skills acquired through trade, professional qualification or in-role exposure demonstrate your ability to succeed. Project and/or production experience in civil, mining or exploration industries would be well suited, although is not essential.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.