Specialist Projects Delivery | Nickel West | Kambalda | FIFO 5:2:4:3 Flexible or Residential 5:2
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Projects, the Specialist Project Delivery will develop and deliver site projects successfully across Kambalda Concentrator and surrounding area. Using the appropriate engineering core practices and frameworks, you will manage outcomes to be on-time and on-budget.
This position is site based at Kambalda on a FIFO 5:2:4:3 roster with flexible working arrangements on offer or on a residential 5:2 roster.
In this role you will:
- Develop, forecast and benchmark project costs and estimates in line with industry standards, principles and practices
- Define project objectives and schedules, identify critical activities, monitor the project plan/schedule that drive continuous improvement initiatives across projects at BHP
- Develop safe project delivery and contractor performance strategies to maximise portfolio value and enhance improvement and innovation
- Monitor and manage project performance to deliver projects in line with safety standards, requirements, budget and scope
- Plan, track the delivery of and manage a project to generate value and drive the achievement of project outcomes
- Identify opportunities to optimise value, manages associated risks and applies Optimised With/Optimised Without framework principles to create and preserve maximum value from projects across BHP
To be successful in this role you are a highly motivated and engaged individual with high-level influencing and stakeholder management skills. You are team-oriented and results focused with demonstrated success working with others and driving outcomes to achieve results.
In addition, we are ideally looking for the following specific skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Engineering or an aligned discipline preferred
- Previous experience in a mining operation, ore processing and non-process infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience working across full project lifecycles, including front-end studies, execution, handover and closeout
- Experience developing and integrating projects schedules
- Previous exposure working with forecasting and cost control
- Exposure to MS Project and 1SAP
- The ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple deliverables across stakeholders
- A cohesive working style that provides holistic, engaged support to successfully deliver
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.