Specialist Project Construction | Nickel West | Kambalda | FIFO or Residential 7:7
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Projects, the Specialist Project Construction will support the development and delivery of site projects successfully across the Kambalda Concentrator and surrounding area. Using the appropriate engineering core practices and frameworks, you will oversee the construction contractors and influence outcomes to be on-time and on-budget.
This position is site based at Kambalda on a FIFO or Residential 7:7 roster.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with the project team to actively review project documents for successful construction, identification of gaps and opportunities for improvement;
- Engage and manage stakeholders including production, maintenance, contractors and other functional groups during the construction lifecycle;
- Contribute to a safety-orientated culture, including construction safety risk management, field leadership and managing construction risk in line with project framework;
- Act as primary point of contact during execution with all operations and interfaces, including the reporting and management of safety issues, incidents, and hazards;
- Effectively supervise construction works as a statutory supervisor under Schedule 26 of the WHS (Mines) Regulations (WA) 2022;
- Raise purchase requisitions for site works and procurement of equipment;
- Fulfil the role of Site Responsible Person and manage the contractor’s mobilisation and performance through the Contractor Management Framework;
- Monitoring and reporting actual work completion against scheduled plan;
- Effectively execute commissioning plans to construction verification to ensure a safe and quality install;
- Forecast project scope changes and report them to relevant project leads;
- Facilitate/Lead risk assessment workshops - Workplace risk assessment and Controls (WRAC)
To be successful in this role you are a highly motivated and engaged individual with high-level influencing and stakeholder management skills. You are team-oriented and results focused with demonstrated success working with others and driving outcomes to achieve results.
In addition, we are ideally looking for the following specific skills and experience:
- A trade background in Mechanical or Electrical is highly regarded
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- An overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibilities
- A well-practiced understanding of the key elements of project management
- Delivery focused, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of Australian Standards and WA Mines Regulations
- Previous experience in a mining operation, ore processing and non-process infrastructure
- Exposure to MS Project and 1SAP
- A cohesive working style that provides holistic, engaged support to successfully deliver
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.