Specialist OT Operations - Priority Support Services
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This position adopts our Lifestyle Roster, working a pattern of days and nights, with a block of days off at the end of each swing/period. Employees on this roster will have two full weekends off out of four, and will rotate through the following shifts:
- 2 days of work, 2 nights of work, and 5 days off
- 2 days of work, 3 nights of work, and 4 days off
- 3 days on work, 2 nights off work and 5 days off
Shifts are 12 hours in duration pass handover requirement to the next team. As part of your remuneration package, you will receive additional shift allowances when worked.
All necessary instruction, both theoretical and practical, as well as ongoing skill development, will be provided.
We will instruct you on how to:
- Computing and Peripherals Management including raising Purchase Requisitions
- Initial triage of Remote operations Centre Applications (”Scada/Citect, Fleet Management Systems (Minestar/Modular), Citrix ext.)
- Hardware replacements and upgrades
- Raise ServiceNow tickets with technical detail and escalate to technical service teams and Vendor where required
- Raise Service Now tickets with greater technical detail and escalate to technical service teams as well as vendor teams where required
- Complete planned/scheduled software installs upgrades i.e., patching, windows upgrades
- Raise SAP notification and follow up execution of request.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Being a team player who cares as much about the team's success as they do about their own.
- Someone who has a high level of emotional intelligence. We expect you to be self-aware, motivated, compassionate, and have excellent social skills. We work in a close-knit environment which is essential for fostering a positive team culture.
- A team player who wants to be a part of a winning team.
- Adaptability is a must-have skill because every day is different and can throw you a few curve balls.
- Our team has high standards, so work ethic is very important to us.
- The most critical trait we seek is someone who enjoys coming to work each day, demonstrates and fosters an open and respectful culture in our workplace, and strives to improve themselves, the team and BHP to be the best we can be.
- Remuneration: you will be paid well including allowances, superannuation and short-term incentives without the requirement to travel to site for work; also:
- Financial benefits – financial advice services; employee share plan.
- Recognition: BHP recognises and rewards employee achievement, both in what and how it is achieved.
- Work in an accessible location: Brookfield Place, Perth one impressive landmark with a modern office space and convenient transport options; premium end of trip facilities; green garage and e-bike charging facilities.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.