Specialist Project Engineer | WAIO | Jimblebar | FIFO
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This is a dynamic career role for an experienced Project management professional with excellent stakeholder engagement skills to join our Jimblebar Engineering team, fulfilling a broad scope of responsibilities across the project lifecycle from concept to handover; concept study, engineering design, technical, contractual and commercial requirements through to tender execution management and closeout.
Reporting to the Lead Project Engineer within the Engineering Modifications and Small Projects team on site you will manage and track approved modifications and small projects to the defined scope, budget and schedule, in accordance with relevant processes and standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of Project budgets, plans and schedules and supporting feasibility studies and cost- benefit analyses where required
- Engaging and coordinating stakeholders during the execution of work including operations, maintenance, Project Supervisors, contractors and other functional groups
- Engage and manage external consultants and contractors, ensuring their work is completed within the terms of the Contact and safely achieves the required outcomes
- Providing technical input to the design of Engineering solutions
- Monitoring and regularly reporting on project progress, ensuring action is taken to address deviations from the project program
- Contributing to a safety orientated culture and ensuring the safety and quality of execution activities
You will have a genuine desire to develop your career yet contribute positively to team objectives, recognising the value of relationship building to influence and achieve business outcomes, communicating effectively at all levels.
You may also have the following:
- A tertiary/degree qualification in Project Management and/or Engineering (preferred)
- Experience across all aspects of the Project lifecycle
- Previous leadership experience of contractors and small teams is desirable
- Distinctive proficiency in executing Engineering Modifications & Small Projects, preferably in a mining or aligned environment
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience managing the contractual and commercial components of project management
- Demonstrated high-level negotiation and influencing skills to liaise and negotiate within internal and external departments and contractors
With this role you will be fly-in fly-out from Perth to Newman on a 5/2, 4/3 roster.
You will be working at Jimblebar mine site, which is located approximately 30kms from the Newman airport. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including; incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave
How to Apply
Please apply online before 29 January 2023
You may be requested to complete a short video assessment as part of your application.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.