Workplace Technology Asset Management Lead
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The role can be based in Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
Reporting to the Manager Workplace Technology as the Principal for Asset Management, you will play a key role in defining enterprise hardware standards and policies for Workplace Technology to enable our organisation.
You will be required to provide technical leadership and guidance to ensure the availability, reliability and cost-effectiveness of our Enterprise IT hardware catalogue which delivers to user requirements and enables productivity for our team members. Working collaboratively with third party vendors and our internal teams, you will investigate, establish, and certify new IT hardware service offerings to include in the enterprise catalogue aligned to our strategy.
Other key activities within the role include ensuring the foundational data set for our global enterprise hardware is current and relevant, providing support for annual asset lifecycle refresh plans, working with operational support and external service providers to formalize the transition to support and handover to operations.
- Tertiary qualifications (University or TAFE) and/or demonstrated experience within the IT industry in the development and implementation of enterprise hardware asset management process.
- Strong understanding of End User Computing, End User Support and/or Service Management processes and tools
- Proven capability in defining, documenting, and maintaining Enterprise hardware governance practices and procedures, included hardware lifecycle standards
- Ability to work with third party vendors and contractors and a demonstrated ability to negotiate and engage in commercial conversations
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills at all levels with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and globally dispersed virtual team environment, guiding, mentoring, and supporting team members
- Commitment to health, safety, and environmental priorities of BHP
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.