Principal Strategic Analysis, Project Governance & Senior Stakeholder Communication | RTP | Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Rail Technology Programme (RTP) is currently seeking to fill the role of Principal Strategic Analysis, Project Governance & Senior Stakeholder Communications to support delivery of our project.
RTP, one of Western Australia Iron Ore’s (WAIO) major projects, is a transformational upgrade of WAIO's train control and signalling system, delivering benefits across safety, rail capability and providing automation option value. This exciting and ground-breaking project is mid-way through execution phase.
The role of the Principal Strategic Analysis, Project Governance & Senior Stakeholder Communications requires a dynamic, strategic and business focused professional who can effectively influence a broad range of stakeholders with responsibility for enhancing and executing the project management strategy within the RTP project team and assisting with RTP’s approvals, governance and reporting processes.
This is a full-time, Perth based position with flexibility.
In this role you will:
Lead the Project Management Office (PMO) for RTP including:
- Owning and implementing the RTP Project Management Office (PMO) plan
- Establishing and monitoring the effectiveness of project wide routines
- Providing project management governance tools and processes
- Co-ordinating the requirement and direction for Digital Tools to support project management of the project
- Embedding effective reporting across the project
- Leading project management related improvement initiatives
- Driving a culture of improvement and excellence in the areas of PMO
You will also:
- Assist with on-project governance including preparation of Steering Committee papers and other stakeholder briefing materials
- Support RTP’s investment approval and governance processes including coordinating Independent Peer Reviews (IPRs) and Execution Phase Reviews (EPRs) utilising a working knowledge of Our Requirements for Global Investment Process
- Assist with business wide alignment of the project to ensure RTP’s cost, schedule and business benefit assumptions are appropriately reflected in WAIO’s growth targets and business planning cycles
- Prepare program wide status updates and communications to assist with reporting and messaging for senior project stakeholders and the broader project
- Co-ordinate the monthly project reporting process, including assisting with preparation of the Monthly Report and business reporting requirements
- Implement project management and other initiatives across the project to enhance project value and efficiency
- Assist with RTP’s implementation and roll-out of the BHP Operating System (BOS)
- Support conformance with the BHP Charter, Our Requirements, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for RTP’s Vision (Innovating to Deliver a Better Railway) and role model BHP’s culture of care, inclusion and diversity. The successful candidate will be degree qualified in the areas of Finance, Business, Project Management or other relevant qualification.
Understanding of business and project value, strategy and BHP’s broader business context is highly desirable along with an ability to prepare executive level reports and other communications on behalf of the project. Other success factors include ability to engage and influence, strong communication skills, and an analytical and business focus.
Your skills and experience will also include:
- An overriding commitment to the BHP Charter Values
- A strong commitment to safety
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proficiency in preparing briefing papers, presentations and documents for executive level stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with resilience
- Structured approach with strong attention to detail
- Experience operating in a changing and challenging environment
- Experience in engaging with and influencing those outside direct line responsibility including peers, team members, superiors and senior management to achieve beneficial project outcomes
- Proficiency in identifying and implementing improvement opportunities / efficiencies to enhance productivity
- Several years of experience in professional roles within industry or consultancy firms and an understanding of project management in a large scale major capital projects environment
How to Apply
Please apply before 29 January 2023
Prior to applying, please ensure you discuss your interest with your 1-up leader.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.