Newman Operations | Mine Services | Production Technician | 8:6 7:7 Roster FIFO and RESI
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are seeking highly motivated team members to come join our Newman Operations Mine Services Team. We currently have opportunities for experienced ancillary operators; this includes grader, loader, bulldozer and excavator. If you are committed to Safety, have a positive & supportive can do attitude that will contribute to our great Team culture, then we want to hear from you! The successful candidates would ideally have experience operating in Mining or Civil environments.
Reporting to the Mine Services Supervisor within the Mining Production team your duties would include:
- Mobile Equipment Operation as per operational needs, in mining and process work areas
- Complete daily pre-starts on equipment and inspection of your work area
- Implementation and compliance with Traffic Management standards and procedures
- Monitor performance of equipment and compliance with mine operating procedures through inspections
- Positively influence and shape the culture to ensure a safe, productive, sustainable and disciplined approach to work
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Experience operating graders, loaders, bulldozers and excavators highly regarded
- Flexible, team-orientated approach with strong communications skills
- Knowledge of the Mines Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations highly regarded
- Minimum C Class Driver’s license unrestricted is essential
Our Newman Operations are located approximately 5 to 10kms of Newman, Western Australia which makes it a short trip to / from work! Our FIFO villages and flats accommodation options are all located in the centre of the Newman Township and we actively encourage our team members to join the local community and utilise local shopping centres, restaurants and sporting facilities such as the swimming pool and Gym’s. For those who would like to live residentially and go home every night Newman Operations offers housing & relocation packages.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.