Team Lead Heavy Diesel Mechanic | Nickel West | Leinster | FIFO 7/7
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
For further information please see our website (LINK)
About the Role
Working in the Mechanical Maintenance Workshop, you will be responsible for preventative and breakdown maintenance of all mobile plant equipment by running diagnostic testing and servicing diesel engine vehicles. Your duties will include oil changes, testing engine safety, part upgrades, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventative maintenance, and repairing faults. Team members are expected to demonstrate a focus on safety, achievement, and team engagement in all aspects of their work. Opportunities to step up in a supervisory capacity and work with a friendly and engaging crew
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
To find out more about working underground and to meet some of our team at Nickel West, click here.
Leinster is located 375 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. The operation sources nickel ore from the Perseverance Underground Mine and Cliffs Underground Mine before crushing and processing to produce a concentrate. The Leinster Village and Township offer a unique lifestyle with all the modern conveniences – an Olympic size swimming pool, health and fitness centre, race-course and even an 18 hole golf course.
Skills and Requirements include:
- Leads a team focussed on the management and delivery of maintenance execution activities (eg maintaining plant, equipment, processes and/or infrastructure).
- Leads others to ensure safety, productivity and engagement.
- Trade Qualified Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic
- Previous history working on underground equipment such as Caterpillar loaders, Epiroc trucks, Sandvik drill rigs, and Normet equipment is preferred
- Equipment manufacturer experience highly regarded
- Hydraulic fault-finding experience would be advantageous
- Computer literacy and/or experience in 1SAP
- Experience in an underground mining operations environment is essential
- A current "C" Class driver’s license or national equivalent
- Dogging, Rigging, and Forklift Licenses are desirable but not essential
What is on offer?
- Job security with a clear training, personal development, and career progression
- Competitive salary along with annual bonus and generous share match scheme, 12,5% superannuation
- Outstanding world-class FIFO camp facilities
- Novated leasing or salary sacrifice options available
- A broad range of discounts through our employee benefits package
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistant Program
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.