Specialist Operations - Exploration | BHP Metals Exploration | Perth | 12D9X or 8D6X
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This role will be working within BHP Metals Exploration, part of the world’s largest integrated resources company, who are moving into an exciting period of sustainable growth and development.
With a clear strategy and focus on projects from early-stage concept development through to advanced exploration, we now have a newly created opportunity for a driven and passionate Exploration Operations Specialist to further develop their career in exploration execution and delivery within one of the world's most exciting and successful exploration businesses.
Reporting to the Superintendent Operations the Operations Specialist will be responsible for and be given the opportunity to:
- Contribute to and promote a culture of care with visible field leadership in health, safety and sustainability.
- Work closely with the Superintendent Operations and Exploration in planning the operational delivery of technical exploration work programs in remote locations of Australia.
- Deliver operational excellence in the day-to-day project execution of drilling and geophysics projects though high-quality project and contractor management processes.
- Maintain safe and efficient supply lines to working exploration projects.
- Ensure compliance of field activities to operating standards.
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives to improve the safety, productivity and value of our exploration projects.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in executing Greenfields exploration drilling programs.
- A comprehensive understanding of a range of exploration activities including caravan camp set-up and operation, geophysics, core management, warehousing and logistics.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and preferably GIS packages such as ArcGIS.
- The ability to effectively manage the performance and safe delivery of contractor activities.
- Cost control during project execution.
- An exposure to cultural heritage surveys and landowner engagement.
- Tertiary qualifications in Geoscience, Operations or Safety related discipline will be an advantage.
- Capability and aptitude to work independently, driven by personal and team objectives.
- A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with key internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to travel to remote work locations as and when required.
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
There is flexibility to choose 12D9X or 8D6X roster and there will be 12 hours day shift.
What is on offer?
- Permanent employment with BHP with all the benefits of full-time work
- Competitive remuneration
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous share match scheme
- Various leave options
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program
To find out more about working with BHP and to meet some of our team, Click here
Reference Number – 64933
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is only applied to external applicant, not applicable for BHP Internal applicants.
- Application closes on Wednesday, 1st February 2023. Please note late applications will not be accepted.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.