Superintendent: Water Operations and Maintenance | 5:2 4:3 FIFO or Residential
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Superintendent Water Operations and Maintenance provides leadership and direction in the maintenance of plant, equipment and infrastructure, oversees compliance to the weekly work schedule, work instructions to achieve optimal outcomes.
Your duties will include the following:
- Actively manage safety and production risks within plant.
- Assist production areas to achieve targets.
- Forecast, monitor and manage costs.
- Budget - contributes to the development of the maintenance / capital budgets
- Management of prioritisation of maintenance works
- Management asset integrity issues
- Auditing, coaching and training to ensure teams compliance to Management of Change system
- Improve core competencies within trades area.
- Monitor maintenance activities and improve practices.
- Assist in Shutdown planning and management of Shutdown
- Manage execution of works in compliance to Hazardous Areas classifications.
- Execution of daily work management schedules.
- Influence support functions (A&I, Planning, Governance and Technical Stewardship) to ensure priority tasks are addressed in line with business objectives
- Leading and developing culture of Zero Harm.
- Encouraging continuous improvement, looking for opportunities to improve work practices and procedures.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all safe work systems, procedures and standards are adhered to through frequent inspection of the workplace.
- Participate in workplace investigations as required.
- Build relationships with other departments and employees to ensure problems are addressed and resolved effectively in a timely manner.
We seek a self-starter who can engage, lead, problem solve, manage, adapt and achieve results.
The following attributes., skills or qualifications will be highly regarded:
- Trade or Engineering Qualifications or Tertiary/Technical qualifications in relevant field.
- Supervisory experience in mineral processing or similar.
- Drivers Licence required.
- First Aid Certificate or ability to obtain.
- Strong analytical and critical assessment skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and strong presentation skills.
- Computer literacy in MS suite of programs.
- Material Risk Management Experience
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
To learn more about BHP
To learn more about BHP and Olympic Dam Click here
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.