Lead Business Development | BMA - Coal | Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Queensland Coal comprises the BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC) assets in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, Australia.
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) is a world-class seaborne metallurgical coal business based on 50/50 joint venture with BHP and Mitsubishi Corporation. BMA’s built on the strengths of operating seven Bowen Basin mines and owns and operates the Hay Point Coal Terminal near Mackay. As the world's largest seaborne coking coal supplier, BMA is uniquely poised to offer experience and career development opportunities difficult to find elsewhere.
About the Role
As the Lead Business Development (BD), you will generate, evaluate, recommend and delivery of organic and inorganic growth opportunities through the BMA’s Asset Strategy Review to maximize value of BMA’s operations and portfolio.
This position will be based at the BHP Brisbane Corporate Office, flexible work options can be discussed at the interview.
In this role you will:
- Take a lead role of the Asset Strategy Review to assist Head of BD, inclusive of recommendations for actions that maximize the long-term value of BMA assets for both owners, and deliver the approved recommendation.
- Develop BMA’s strategy, value chain and competitive landscape to identify opportunities to deliver superior long-term risk adjusted returns for shareholders and stakeholders.
- Originates, develops, recommends and executes commercial opportunities (including transactions) taha are aligned with BMA”s strategy and portfolio priorities.
- Frames, evaluates and communicates the risk-reward proposition of strategies, plans and decisions.
- Mitigate people, community, human rights and modern slavery, environmental and climate risks across the value chain, in alignment with public policy and owners’ sustainability and climate commitments.
- Translate corporate objectives into actionable plans, communicating, managing and analysing the implementation of those plans, and reporting back on their progress to facilitate the delivery of our strategy.
- Applies intelligence on industry trends and market dynamics to drive enhanced decision making and planning.
- Project manage a broad range of commercial initiatives to achieve business objectives by coordinating and motivating of teams of subject matter experts from multiple functional teams, and delivering effective communication and engagement with business leaders.
- Prepare, negotiate and implement contracts with resource sector entities and stakeholders, with a view to protect and preserve BMA’s long-term interest.
- Assists the Head of Business Development with special projects, industry and competitor analysis as required.
Ideally, you will hold a tertiary qualification (Commerce, Business, Finance, Science, Engineering, Law or similar) with experience within the resources industry.
You will have the opportunity to utilize your skills in managing various stakeholder relationships. Likewise, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and a high standard of oral and written communication skills.
You will also possess the following:
- Experience to Identify, analyse and develop commercial opportunities to leverage strategic value creation opportunities across the business.
- The proven ability to effectively engage with people at all levels in the organisation (from frontline to senior leadership) and transfer key messages in highly ambiguous and uncertain environments.
- Demonstrated application of Project Management methodologies and project delivery, approach problem solving as a system level thinker, able to problem solve in complex and novel situations.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar commercial and /or operational environment Strong communication skills.
What is on offer?
- Permanent employment with BHP with all the benefits of full-time work
- Competitive remuneration
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous share match scheme
- Various leave options
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program
To find out more about working with BMA team and to meet some of our team, Click here
Reference Number – 64961
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is only applied to external applicant, not applicable for BHP Internal applicants.
- Application closes on Thursday, 2nd February 2023. Please note late applications will not be accepted.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.