Supervisor Drill and Blast | Nickel West | FIFO
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success
For more information click here
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent of Drill and Blast, you will be responsible for leading, coach and enabling Production Technicians (Drill & Blast Crew) in best operating practice, to ensure patterns are drilled in accordance to the DOMP and procedural requirements. Ensure safety and working standards are maintained. To ensure resources and equipment are allocated to maximise drilling productivity.
As a Supervisor, you have the ability to positively influence our safety culture. Your ability to lead by example, be proactive and prioritise Field Leadership activities will be critical to your success.
In addition, you will play a key role by:
- Managing the day to day control and supervision of the mine in accordance with Mine Safety and Inspection requirements
- Lead by example and oversee the day to day operations of the drill team.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Mines Safety Inspection Regulations.
- By routine, personal inspection and daily interactions, monitor performance of equipment and compliance with operating procedures.
- Maximise compliance with the operational plan by ensuring that all activities under the supervisors control are carried out in accordance with the operation plan and work instructions
- Manage workloads and allocate duties across the production team to deliver the plan and ensure all development targets are achieved.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Experience in large scale open pit equipment operation.
- Prior experience leading, coaching and mentoring employees to deliver on plan and building a competent and engaged team.
- Have a working knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience with PV271 and D65 rigs preferred but not essential
What you will receive:
As a Supervisor at BHP, we will provide an environment where health and wellbeing are seen as a pre-requisite for safety and productivity. You will have access to training and professional development tools which will support you in your role. You will be empowered by your Superintendent and encouraged to ensure your team are connected to their strategy and plan.
In addition, other benefits include generous allowances, the option to purchase additional annual leave, an attractive share save scheme, annual salary reviews and a short-term incentive bonus.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran