Engineer Mine Production - Olympic Dam / 8/6
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Join Olympic Dam - a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. We care that everyone goes home safely to do the things they love. Leadership is key to driving a positive workplace culture, and this drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Olympic Dam - Our Operations
As one of Australia’s largest mines and most complex minerals processing operations, it’s quite unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well-equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Production Engineering, you will be an integral member of a large, dynamic and results driven team. Primarily focusing on mining safety, incident investigations, production reporting and business improvement underground, you will provide specialist advice and execute analysis and benchmarking of Underground Production’s end-to-end performance. You will identify and implement a portfolio of improvement initiatives that enable excellence and support business priorities for continuous improvement.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, on an 8/6 roster, with FIFO or residential options available.
Core responsibilities are:
- Prepare inputs to form the production budget
- Analyse and determine equipment capability assumptions;
- Provide feedback to the Planning & Technical teams to improve future execution plans, designs, schedules and forecasts;
- Compile reports & provide expertise to other teams in analysis of production performance indicators and metrics;
- Identify functional capability gaps and recommend improvement opportunities to department leadership;
- Liaise with underground crews to ensure that new ideas are developed and practically implemented, and build cross-team relationships;
- Produce operating standards, procedures and work instructions;
- Engage with Reliability teams for modifications needed to plant and equipment, and with Technology teams to explore new capabilities.
- You will consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day, with a proven commitment to the wellbeing of those around you, demonstrating confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way;
- You will have thorough understanding of the underground production cycle, including truck loading and haulage, stope drilling and blasting, and raise drilling;
- Operational mining experience is essential, with underground experience preferred
- You will have demonstrated ability to work together with multiple stakeholders of varying backgrounds and deliver project outcomes
- Your previous experience in managing and implementing improvement initiatives will be highly regarded;
- Ability to self-manage your workload and determine priorities for yourself and others under your guidance
- You will be a degree qualified Mining Engineer, or a closely related field
- Additional tertiary/technical qualifications in a relevant field are preferable (e.g. finance) but not essential
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.