Specialist Scheduler Shutdown | Iron Ore | Perth | 5D2X
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Planning, Scheduling and Asset Health, the role of the Specialist Scheduler Shutdowns is to ensure effective shutdown scheduling of an approved shutdown scope that will enable the delivery of safe, optimal shutdown durations with consideration to resource levelling and utilisation.
The position also supports standardisation of best practice shutdown scheduling processes across Minerals Australia in order to significantly improve shutdown execution predictability and reduce overall shutdown duration.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling of agreed planned work in accordance with the 1SAP work management processes.
- Build and communicate accurate shutdown schedules reflecting all work management activities including but not limited to:
- Shutdown and task preparation activities (pre shutdown).
- Plant rundown (including cleaning, equipment preparation and location, work front isolations).
- Actual work effort activities (tool time).
- Plant commissioning activities (equipment run up, setup and calibration, etc)
- Determine the critical path activities for the shutdown and sequences work accordingly
- Validates the draft schedule with Execution stakeholders and includes feed back into the schedule prior to publication
- Manage the scheduling of Approved emergent work and include work into the fully resourced schedule prior to and during shut execution
- Engaging with the execution team to monitor and track progress of the schedule during Shutdown execution. This includes identifying deviations from the plan and the schedule and escalating when risks are introduced.
- Identify and implement actions that will improve the Scheduling of maintenance work.
- Identify opportunities to share resources across departments and sites within an asset to ensure that plans are optimised, maximising the capacity available across the site and asset.
- Request work management master data changes as required, based on equipment strategy reviews, failure analysis and identified quality errors.
- Develop or update task lists for relevant reoccurring work to support effective planning and safe execution.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in planning and scheduling and work management process in resourcing industry.
- Sound logistics and coordination experience.
- Fixed Plant technical knowledge is highly desirable.
- Ability to optimize integration of multiple activities.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Project is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skill, with ability to build effective working relationships.
- Effective facilitator skills.
- The ability to adapt to continuously changing work environments.
- The ability to manage and drive performance in a peer group.
- Be task oriented, with a bias to automation.
- Attention to detail.
- You will value simplification with a systems and process focus.
In this full-time permanent position, you will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
You will be working on Monday – Friday roster while flexi work is also offered.
To find out more about working with BHP and to meet some of our team, Click here
Reference Number – 64741
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is only applied to external applicant, not applicable for BHP Internal applicants.
- Application closes on Thursday, 2nd February 2023. Please note late applications will not be accepted.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.