Asset Management Planner | Iron Ore | Perth | 5D2X
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As a Planner Asset Management Planner, you will be focusing in developing, maintaining and communicating work plans for assigned Equipment Type/Area of Responsibility in accordance with the 1SAP Work Management Processes and the Total Equipment Strategy.
This role is responsible for monitoring asset health and predictive analytics reporting to develop, deliver and continuously improve maintenance work plans for Operations. The Asset Management Planner reviews work plans developed by Work Management Planners to ensure sequencing within plans is correct, and supports technical and process development of the broader team.
Success in the role is enabled through leveraging an integrated, standardised planning process and validation of component condition across multiple equipment types.
Responsibilities will include:
- Verifies and optimises strategies using Asset Health inputs, liaising with the Strategy Owner to recommend a course of action..
- Delivers sequenced work packages for complex maintenance activities.
- Plans work in accordance with the 1SAP Work Management process, accurately identifying the required components and resources prior to scheduling.
- Arranges specialist resources (where required) to support the completion of complex work.
- Liaises closely with Supply to ensure parts and materials are delivered on time.
- Administers the Major Events Calendar for relevant Operation (if applicable), integrating the Production plan, Capital plan, Total Equipment Strategy and Shutdown schedules to cost effectively utilise resources and planned plant downtime.
- Liaises with Engineering and Major Projects to understand their projects, impacts to current maintenance and how they best fit into the long-term plan.
- Improves SAP Master Data to embed Standard Work Packages into Task Lists.
- Provides technical and system support to develop the broader team.
- Supports the automation of planning processes by proactively turning tacit knowledge into system embedded information.
- Identifies opportunities for standardisation across sites.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in maintenance planning or maintenance within the resourcing sector.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance equipment or technical understanding of conditions Monitoring and Asset Health Principles.
- Good knowledge of planning & scheduling and the Work Management process.
- Good knowledge of Cost Management and Forecasting processes
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships.
- Knowledge of SAP (or an equivalent ERP system) is required.
- Experience in underground mining or Fixed Plant (desirable)
- While it is not mandatory, a Trade qualification or Engineering degree will be deemed advantageous.
In this full-time permanent position, you will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
You will be working on Monday – Friday roster while flexi work is also offered.
To find out more about working with BHP and to meet some of our team, Click here
Reference Number – 64750
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is only applied to external applicant, not applicable for BHP Internal applicants.
- Application closes on Thursday, 2nd February 2023. Please note late applications will not be accepted.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.