Superintendent Operational Performance Insights | Operations Services | Brisbane/Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success
About the Role
The Operational Performance Insights (OPI) team is a new national team within OS, responsible for preparing operational performance analytics and insights that drive innovation and improvement throughout the organisation. The role works in partnership with operational leaders, improvement teams and assets to plan and perform analytics which allow the user to make data driven decisions associated with operational plan delivery.
Reporting to the Manager OS Improvement, you will manage and support a team of enthusiastic data practitioners, covering workstreams in mobile maintenance, fixed plant maintenance, mining production and support services, helping them to deliver operational performance insights to the business, demonstrating the unison between analytics and continuous improvement.
Your core accountabilities will include:
- Leading a team focussed on advanced analytics and modelling, that drive innovation and improvement throughout the organisation.
- Coaching and developing team members to deliver high performance.
- Providing thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with business peers and industry leaders.
- Applying an understanding of industry knowledge and business context to designing end-to-end analytics use cases and improving productivity and value chain performance.
- Identifying and assessing risks, making risk informed decisions that supports safe and productive performance outcomes.
- Determining the underlying cause of problems and evaluating multiple solutions to ensure a planned and structured approach to solving complex problems.
- Identifying, engaging and managing a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders Working closely with key interface groups (i.e. HR, HSE, Finance, Technology, Mine Planning and Asset Management) to integrate performance insights and improvement.
- Wrangling, cleaning and managing data/metadata in alignment with BHPs standards and requirements for data quality management, integrity and governance.
- Enhancing operational performance data quality and data reporting by identifying inconsistencies and finding improvement opportunities.
- Building, enhancing and maintaining visualisations in Power BI.
- Preparing and executing algorithms for data mining, machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Being a part of a team that looks across multiple assets/commodities within Australia, this role offers excellent development opportunities with a team dedicated to quality insights and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will have experience leading a team responsible for data interrogation and analysis that generate tangible business insights and recommendations. You will be able to work within a team environment, and possess strong problem-solving skills, a collaborative mindset and be passionate about delivering results with a focus on continuously improving how we get there.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Proven leadership capability in a professional environment with solid interpersonal skills to motivate and develop your team
- Demonstrated experience delivering performance improvement solutions for business problems, applying data and statistical analysis
- Advanced expertise in Power BI (Business Intelligence) and/or Business Objects
- Proficiency in manipulating data and drawing insights from large datasets
- Using various data analytics or programming languages such as Python, R, SQL or other
- Experience influencing key organisational decision makers to drive change and results
- Experience in planning and executing work using a disciplined approach in an agile / project environment, to deliver deadlines across multiple time horizons
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate analytical insights to technical and non-technical audiences
- A deep understanding of what connects data analytics and continuous improvement methodologies such as BHP Operating System, Lean, Six Sigma or other
- Engineering, computer science, statistics or finance qualification or equivalent business experience
- Experience in the consulting or resource industry is desirable
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran