Specialist Data Analyst | Brisbane or Perth | Monday to Friday
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The world faces a critical challenge to respond effectively to the risks of climate change. These risks are clear and pressing. Every segment of society – including business, government, investors, scientists, and consumers – has a role to play. BHP has a strategic approach to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to net zero within our operations by 2050 and to work with customers and suppliers to support their own emissions reductions, consistent with the ambition of pursuing net zero in our value chain.
The Specialist Performance & Reporting is accountable for supporting the Strategic Services team to manage and deliver reporting, analysis and improvement across the Minerals Australia Operational Decarbonisation Program (scope 1 & 2 emissions).
The role will report directly to the Lead Performance, Reporting and Analysis and will be responsible for:
- Developing, owning and maintaining the Strategic Services program data and assumptions repository including work instructions, maintenance process and Quality Assurance (QA) routines
- Taking ownership of the Operational Decarbonisation Integrated Model and the scenario modelling app (currently in development) including managing model maintenance and improvement pipeline
- Performing source data mapping, removing pain points and owning and delivering a plan to reduce double handling of data
- Identifying, standardising, and conforming the program key data sets and implementing a repository to store them adhering to all BHP data policies and best practice guidelines
- Participating in Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA / QC) routines for external team deliverables as required
- Conducting Performance analysis and drawing visualisations for external routines such as Asset President or Executive Leadership Team updates
- Conducting competitor analysis including external benchmarking
You will be able to establish credibility through your technical ability, attention to detail and excellent communication skills. An ability to constructively question ideas and results and build trusted relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders will be essential.
We are ideally seeking candidates that can demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as SQL, R, Python etc.
- Experience delivering data storage solutions, data cleansing and analysis
- Ability to communicate technical contents and complex ideas to non-technical audiences at all levels of the organisation including those in different time zones or locations
- Excellent analytical skills which lead to the development of data driven insights and recommendations
- Ability to perform data quality and data sense checking with good attention to detail
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with a visualisation software (e.g. Spotfire, Power BI)
- Experience in Microsoft PowerApps and Power Automate or a willingness to learn
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.