Superintendent Business Reporting | Operations Services | Brisbane or Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success
About the Role
The role will be provide leadership to a team or teams focussed on preparing, maintaining and optimizing short-term (less than 2 year) forecasts and schedules within the asset Coaches and develops team leaders/teams to deliver high performance.
Your key responsibilities in this role would be:
- Manages a growing team who is working on the most exciting and value adding reporting and projects;
- Works closely with senior stakeholders to understand their business reporting requirements, structure, priorities and plan to address their problems;
- Collaborates and develops strong effective working relationships with the wider team members;
- Co-ordinates, prepares, facilitates, communicates the Operations Services reports per corporate requirements and monitors performance of plans;
- Provides accurate and quality information to senior management with great attention to details;
- Prepares and supports discussions that challenge the status quo and initiatives in the plan;
- Sources information, plans and conducts analysis to support evidence-based decision making;
- Identifies, engages and manages a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders;
- Applies an understanding of the business context, BHP operating model and ways of working to enhance decision making, productivity and value chain performance;
- Identifies and assesses risks, makes risk informed decisions, uses BHP risk management framework and builds a risk aware culture to support safe and productivity performance outcomes;
- Knows the customer and is obsessed with meeting their needs;
- Engages the capabilities of the entire organsiation;
- Strives to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste;
- Supports the Operations Services reporting activities and deliverables as required.
The successful candidate will be able to lead a team and will possess strong influencing, executive reporting and problem-solving skills. You will have a collaborative mindset and be passionate about delivering extraordinary results with a focus on continuously improving how we get there.
The following outlines key skills and experience to succeed in this role:
- Proven leadership capability in a professional environment with solid interpersonal skills to motivate and develop your team;
- Demonstrated experience delivering performance reporting, improvement solutions for business problems, applying data and statistical analysis;
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with an ability for explaining complex concepts to people from other fields;
- Experience in the consulting or resource industry is desirable, but not required;
- Superior interpersonal, facilitation and influencing skills;
- Ability to operate effectively in dynamic environments;
- Ability to communicate key issues with senior executives as well as operational experts;
- A flexible, resourceful and collaborative problem-solver;
- Ability to identify Key Value Drivers and pursue strategic decisions;
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and performance improvement;
- Degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks, which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information, please see our website (LINK).
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran