Executive Administrator | Nickel West
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Executive Administrator to support the General Manager, Nickel West Concentrator Operations. This is a Perth based role with occasional travel to various sites required. Consideration would also be given to candidates looking for a site based FIFO roster of 5/2, 4/3.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be an experienced person with a proven ability to work autonomously, proactively establish priorities and take responsibility for time sensitive deliverables. You will be responsible for providing high level executive support whilst offering general administration support to the team when required. Strong problem solving, communication and organisational skills will be an asset - as will initiative and ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders to successfully support a dynamic leader.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Provide high level support to the General Manager and Leadership team with a high regard for confidentiality
- Diary management and email management, ensuring optimal time utilization to enable the efficient organisation and execution of daily activities.
- Actively identify improvement opportunities and time optimization solutions to forward plan work
- Working closely with the Heads Of and senior managers to produce deliverables; including key weekly and monthly reports, L5 MOP and other deliverables as required
- Preparing agendas, coordinating the preparation of meeting materials, writing of meeting minutes and assisting in action management and completion
- Support the site’s regulatory compliance through administering personnel appointments to statutory positions, upkeep of records and liaison with the state mining regulator
- General office management for the administration building, including ordering of consumables and maintaining the office in a clean and functional state by engaging with key service providers
- Use of SAP for purchasing (POs/ PRs) and expense reconciliation
- Coordination of travel and accommodation, site access and visits, events and functions
- Managing confidential and sensitive matters with diplomacy
- Supporting projects and other ad hoc duties as required, including acting as back-up to the Executive Assistant to the Asset President Nickel West if required.
- Previous administrative experience supporting Manager level and above.
- Strong administrative proficiency, with the ability to efficiently manage multiple work processes in a busy environment
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, OneNote)
- SAP experience highly desirable
- High level verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using the BHP internal systems including SAMS Workflow, FLEX, SharePoint and 1DOC is preferable
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.