Autonomous Haulage Technician | Newman East | FIFO | 8:6/7:7
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this succes
About the Role
Newman Operations is part of Western Australian Iron Ore (WAIO) and consists of two mining sites in the Pilbara region of Western Australia on the traditional lands of the Nyiyaparli people.
Comprising of Newman East and Newman West, Newman Operations accounts for about 78 million tonnes in total iron ore production. Newman Operations is part of an 85:15 joint venture between BHP, and Mitsui and ITOCHU.
Newman East comprises a fleet of Autonomous Cat 793F Dump Trucks opening vacancies for Autonomous Haulage Technicians to join the team.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Autonomous Communication, you will be responsible for diagnosing, repairs and the maintaining of the autonomous mobile fleet.
In this role you will:-
- Provide the highest level of diagnostics, repairs and maintenance to the fleet of Caterpillar Autonomous 793F trucks
- Contribute to our safety and continuous improvement culture, BHP Operating Systems (BOS), by being pro-active and demonstrating a commitment to high standards of execution within your trade
- Operate mobile equipment within limits of competence, training and experience
- Ensure accurate completion of technical documentation, reports and drawings as required
- Use of computerized maintenance systems (SAP) including time confirmations, raising notifications and closing work orders
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- C Class Drivers Licence
- Extensive experience diagnosing, maintaining and repair/servicing a broad range of machinery/equipment of direct relevance. ie Caterpillar, Liebherr and Hitachi
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well within a close-knit team to achieve outcomes
- Caterpillar competencies on 793F Dump Trucks. (Preferred ET, VIM’s or Command training)
This role will be based at our Newman East mine site in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, on a fly-in fly-out 8:6/7:7 roster. Our FIFO villages have a wide range of facilities and all rooms have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning to help you unwind, relax and sleep well.
We know the more time you can spend at home the better, so in addition to our flights out of Perth, we are now offering direct flights from Busselton.
BHP WA Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Come and be part of the success…
What is on offer?
- Flights from Busselton or Perth
- Permanent - Full-time positions
- Variety of different career paths and opportunities
- Safety first culture with a team that focusses on your development and your personal satisfaction in the role
- Opportunities for self-development and career development supported by the business
- An understanding and appreciation for you and your family - Flexible working conditions
- Generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms
- A broad range of discounts through our employee benefits package
- Attractive annual bonus scheme
- Generous share match scheme
- Super-matching contributions
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistant Program
To hear more about working within the BHP team watch: A world of possibilities - YouTube (4) A world of possibilities - YouTube
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, people with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.