Superintendent Reliability | Olympic Dam | Residential or FIFO
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Olympic Dam
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well-equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
About the Role
As the Superintendent Reliability in the Surface Maintenance group you will oversee the reliability team supporting the Smelter and Acid Plant in Olympic Dam’s complex operations.
Your focus will be ensuring the improvement of maintenance performance and downtime through analysis and providing the reliability engineering services to support the efficient and effective operation of Smelter functions.
This role is based at Olympic Dam and can be offered on a 5/2 Residential or 5/2, 4/3 FIFO ex-Adelaide.
In this role you will also:
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by actively engaging in the BHP Field Leadership program
- Promote and coach operational discipline and high performance in work execution and enhance the technical knowledge of team members
- Ensuring all teams follow our safety systems and procedures and coach and mentor all teams through appropriate field leadership
- Monitor the application of maintenance execution processes within the team to support local and GLD compliance toa quality and cost standard
- Implement Continuous Improvement activities that support long term improvement of plant reliability
- Deliver BOS principles with all teams and driving improvement in all areas
- Effectively engage with other department and external parties to ensure that pathways are provided for success
- Provide inputs into plans, budgets, and targets for the projects and ensure delivery against them
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team
To be impactful in this role, you are an experienced maintenance and reliability leader with the skills and desire to drive improvements. You will have a proven collaborative style with a key focus on strong team performance, stakeholder engagement and reliable delivery of value to the operation.
In addition, we are ideally looking for the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualified or relevant maintenance, mining, manufacturing or production experience
- Significant experience in leadership roles of large teams
- Experience working with smelters and hot metals advantageous
- A proven track record in safety management
- Demonstrated success building cohesive and effective teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solution-focused with the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Deep foundational leadership which supports team growth and development
- A continuous improvement mindset
How to Apply
Please apply online before 4 February 2023
You may be requested to complete a short video interview as part of your application
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.