Manager Safety Management Systems| Iron Ore | 5:2 4:3 FIFO / Residential
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The role of Manager Safety Management Systems is to support the strategic governance and improvement of Rail Safety National Law related safety and risk assurance for WAIO Rail.
Reporting to the General Manager Rail, your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies and processes for Rail Safety National Law related safety and risk assurance across WAIO Rail to ensure the overall safety and risk requirements of operations are managed SFAIRP.
- Governance of the Rail Safety Management Plan, including the Hazard Tracking System, Rail Rule Book and all associated Safeworking processes
- Manage relationships with regulators, ensuring compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Develop, and manage function-specific awareness, skill, and competency-based training programs for personnel across WAIO Rail.
- Configuration management control for Rail safety related assets and systems
- Facilitate continuous improvement and technical problem solving for Rail specific risk exposure
This role is based at Pt Hedland and will be offered as site-based residential or 5/2 4/3 FIFO roster with options for flexibility.
You will be an open and inclusive professional with high level influencing and stakeholder engagement skills. You are a compassionate leader with a clear commitment to teamwork, modelling a culture of inclusion, safety, accountability, respect and recognition.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.