Specialist Trainer | MAC WAIO | Roster 8:6 dayshift only
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Contribute to the training and assessment of operational roles and activities..
Roster will be 8 days on 6 off (8:6) "Day shift only".
Your key deliverables will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Execution leaders, particularly Supervisors, to help build the required capability within their teams.
- Conduct routine operation and safety activities to effectively prepare for and manage operational workload.
- Design and deliver training plans, train and assess operators and improve training programs to maintain safety, compliance and performance during mining operations.
- Carry out performance verifications against Production Standards at the frontline including coaching in assessment and verification processes.
- Continuous monitoring of Production crews’ performance and initiating the necessary input or support to ensure Production Standards are achieved and maintained.
- Know our customer meet their needs.
- Strive to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste.
To learn more about BHP click here
We are looking for individuals who can connect and empowering others to achieve their best. Your commitment to making a real difference to performance will be highly regarded.
The following attributes and qualifications will be highly regarded:
- High risk qualifications: High Risk Work License, Forklift, Elevated Work Platform, Dogging, Rigging Basics.
- Ability to work safely at heights; enter and work in confined space with gas test atmospheres, overhead travelling crane,
- Firefighting; HLTAID011-Provide First Aid. Unit of Competency (UOC) qualifications desirable, TAFE Cert IV, Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN), Design and development - current.
- Proven track record as leader or high performer in Production Operations (operating, training).
- Current C Class Driver’s License (essential)
- Current HR Driver’s License (desirable)
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to engage and build relationships across multiple layers of the organisation.
- Organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks and work independently or within a team.
- Strong skillset and experience with technology, managing work processes, data capture and compliance reporting.
- Working knowledge of Learning Management principles
- Experience and understanding of Verification of Competency (VOC) in the workplace.
- Exposure to the BHP Operating System (BOS) would be advantageous.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.