Process Technician | WAIO | FIFO 8/6 or 2/1
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
About the role
We currently have opportunities for experienced individuals to join our Fixed Plant Processing Teams across our WAIO Operations . We are looking for individuals motivated, adaptable and eager to learn, successful candidates will enjoy being part of collaborative and diverse teams.
As part of our high performing team you will:
- Have an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
- Safely operate and clean fixed plant equipment including conveyors, crushing & screening facilities, stockyards and balance machines
- Willingness to be trained on all equipment and plant
- Develop high quality, task-based risk assessments
- Actively identify, report and rectify hazards
- Conduct inspections to a high quality, reporting on all defects.
- Participate in field leadership activities.
- Have an inclusive nature and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Execute the production activities according to the Production Plan
- Adhere to defined standard procedures and apply safe work practices;
- Conduct routine inspections with strong attention to detail; identifying required maintenance
- Liaise with other teams to coordinate activities, including fitters, electricians and remote operation controllers.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Current full West Australian *C- class motor vehicle license or current equivalent Australian State motor vehicle license
- A motivated problem solver who is dedicated to continuously improving their work environment
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach to work, with a drive to develop and learn
- Rockbreaker operations experience – highly desirable
- Bobcat, loader and excavator experience preferred
- Strong practical experience (minimum 2 years) in a Process Technician role.
- Previous experience in resources industry
- Sound time management skills
- Experience operating in a Fixed Plant environment would be an advantage
- Take a proactive role in maintaining appropriate standards of behaviour including ability to hold team members to account.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants’ suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.