Superintendent Data Analyst | Operations Services | Brisbane or Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success
About the Role
The role will be performed in our Brisbane office, supported by the latest technology to engage with our sites around the Australia and the globe.
Reporting to the Manager Integrated Planning, you will manage and support a team of enthusiastic data practitioners helping them to deliver solutions for the problems in our business, demonstrating the power of a Data Analysis & Analytics team.
Your key responsibilities in this role would be:
- Leads a team focussed on monitoring, improving and governing the quality of collected data in accordance with BHP’s requirements.
- Coaches and develops team leaders / teams to deliver high performance.
- Analyses and models data to draw out insights and solutions that address hypotheses and business challenges.
- Develops and communicates insights that guide data driven action and decision making.
- Uses, stores, classifies, assesses and processes data/metadata in alignment with BHPs standards and requirements for data quality management, integrity and governance.
- Cleanses and manages data/metadata to maintain the quality and integrity of BHP data and ensure compliance with data security, privacy and legal requirements.
- Determines the underlying cause of problems and evaluates multiple solutions to ensure a planned and structured approach to solving complex problems.
- Identifies, engages and manages a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifies and assesses risks, makes risk informed decisions, uses BHP's risk management framework and builds a risk aware culture to support safe and productive performance outcomes.
- Engages and integrates the capabilities of the entire organisation.
- Strives to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste.
- Knows our customer and is obsessed with meeting their needs.
- Day to Day Management of data to support effective business operations.
- Lead, execute transition and integration with BHP Systems and Data Warehouses, where applicable (i.e. SAP, Snowflake, Power BI).
The successful candidate will be able to work within a team environment, and will possess strong problem-solving skills, a collaborative mindset and be passionate about delivering extraordinary results with a focus on continuously improving how we get there.
The following outlines key skills and experience to succeed in this role:
- Proven leadership capability in a professional environment with solid interpersonal skills to motivate and develop your team;
- Demonstrated experience delivering performance improvement solutions for business problems, applying data and statistical analysis and machine learning techniques;
- Advanced experience in Power Bi;
- Programming experience in languages such as Python, R, SQL or other;
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with an ability for explaining complex concepts to people from other fields;
- Experience in the consulting or resource industry is desirable, but not required;
- Degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran