Principal /Specialist Finance Business Partnership | Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Operational Readiness Finance position plays a key conduit role between Major Projects, Operations and all Finance areas including Accounting, Reporting, Decision Evaluation and GBS. The role is key to effectively navigating the environment based on an understanding of the BHP context and operating model.
- Identify, advise and evaluate productivity and value creation initiatives.
- Makes evidence based and strategic decisions in alignment with longer term business objectives.
- Experience in SAP or similar ERP system.
- Deliver insightful communication of financial recommendations.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration: Working with several stakeholders, Major Projects WAIO Asset and Operations, Supply, Asset Projects, Engineering, Risk, Human Resources, Technology, and the wider Global Finance Function such Reporting, Tax, Accounting and Decision Evaluation.
- Modelling Project costs and benchmarking.
- Signing off on Decision evaluation inputs.
- Modelling post Project Opex cost for planning cycles.
- Major Projects to Operations transition activities
Are you action orientated and like to be challenged?
Can you work autonomously and navigate complexity in decision making?
Can you Identify, engage, and manage a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders?
Are you someone who likes to influence key decisions?
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities combined with a high level of technical competency.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment, and to manage a wide range of stakeholders at varied levels within the organization.
- Develop and test hypotheses (demonstrated strong problem-solving skills).
- Successfully communicate recommendations and win customers buy-in, both verbally and via presentation tools.
- Efficiently plan and manage both day-to-day tasks and project work, whilst meeting deadlines.
- Professional with experience in resources, manufacturing, finance, consulting, or engineering.
- Degree qualified; Commerce/Business or Engineering preferred, but not mandatory.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.