Administrator | WAIO Rail | Port Hedland | Residential
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
If you are a self-motivated, forward thinking administrator who is ready to make a difference, then this is a great opportunity for you.
You will join an inclusive and strong performance orientated culture, where you will make a difference each day through providing outstanding support to a dynamic and engaging leadership team.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Actively identifying improvement opportunities and time optimisation solutions to forward plan work and ensure effectiveness of the leadership team;
- Diary and email management to enable the efficient organisation and execution of daily activities;
- Preparing agendas, meeting minutes, presentations, reports, and coordinating meeting logistics;
- Using SAP for purchasing (POs/PRs)
- Event management with both internal and external stakeholders; and supporting projects and other ad hoc duties as required
- Working closely with the Rail Operations Leadership team to support onboarding of new employees
- Actively identify improvement opportunities and time optimisation solutions to forward plan work and ensure effectiveness of leadership team;
- Travel and accommodation bookings,
- Supporting Superintendent and Supervisors with time sheet management, cost reporting and meeting coordination
- Creation and ongoing maintenance of WILO’s in CoreWork
- Creating and maintaining key metrics within BHP Operating System daily routines that adhere to the key practises and disciplines of the BHP Operating System
- Conducting workflow tasks of controlled documents
- Supporting the teams implementation of safety initiatives and improvement ideas
- Strong technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite,
- SAP experience desirable, but not essential
- Experience coordinating / managing travel on varied rosters for large groups advantageous
- Effective communication on a variety of levels
- Strong organisational skills and time management skills
- Be a proactive individual with the ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Achieves results through working with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and managing multiple work processes in a busy and complex environment
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.