Specialist Data Analyst | Operations Services | Brisbane or Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to create accurate, timely and insightful reporting and analysis that describes the Operation Services (OS) performance across all metrics. It will also be responsible to produce and maintain analytical models, visualisations, data platforms and dashboards in Power BI that support performance reporting to improve performance.This position will also deliver value analytics models the solve BHP’s most complex problems including summarising, and presenting findings/outcomes to leadership and key stakeholders for actioning.
Reporting to the Superintendent (Lead) Data Analytics, your core accountabilities will include:
- Sourcing and validating SAP and operational performance data to allow delivery of routine and on-demand business reporting to ensure standardization of performance.
- Providing input to continuously improve and refine reporting efficiency and effectiveness.
- Preparing and executing algorithms for data mining, machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Building, updating, enhancing and maintaining visualizations in Power BI.
- Actively enhancing operational performance data quality and data reporting by identifying inconsistencies and finding improvement opportunities.Cleanses and manages data/metadata to maintain the quality and integrity of BHP data and ensure compliance with data security, privacy and legal requirements.
- Determines the underlying cause of problems and evaluates multiple solutions to ensure a planned and structured approach to solving complex problems.
- Identifies, engages and manages a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Refreshed and integrated with BHP system OS HUB (data reporting and analysis Power BI Dashboards)
- OS Power BI dashboards and reports – development, maintenance and transition to end users (integrated with other groups i.e. HR, HSE, Technology and MECoE) and OS Digital Road Map (2 years Strategy)
- Developing complex analysis and visualizations that drive innovation throughout the organization. This may include improving equipment performance, enhanced scheduling, optimization opportunities, anomaly detection, etc.
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
The successful candidate will have experience performing data interrogation and analysis while utilizing data analytic techniques to generate tangible business insights and recommendations. You should have a passion for uncovering solutions hidden in large datasets using structured analytical problem-solving methodologies.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Expertise in Power BI is highly desirable;
- Proficiency in manipulating data and drawing insights from large datasets;
- Using various data analytics or programming languages such as Python, R, SQL or other;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills to generate business value;
- Experience in planning and executing work using a disciplined approach in an agile environment, including task management to achieve project goals;
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate analytical results to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.