Specialist Business Reporting | Operations Services | Brisbane or Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to create accurate, timely and insightful executive reporting and analysis that describes the Operation Services (OS) performance across all metrics.
Reporting to the Superintendent Business Reporting, your core accountabilities will include:
- Works closely with senior stakeholders to understand their business reporting requirements, structure, priorities and plan to address their problems;
- Co-ordinates, prepares, facilitates, communicates the Operations Services reports per corporate requirements and monitors performance of plans;
- Provides accurate and quality information to senior management with great attention to details;
- Sources information, plans and conducts analysis to support evidence-based decision making;
- Identifies, engages and manages a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders;
- Identifies and assesses risks, makes risk informed decisions, uses BHP risk management framework and builds a risk aware culture to support safe and productivity performance outcomes;
- Knows the customer and is obsessed with meeting their needs;
- Engages the capabilities of the entire organsiation;
- Strives to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste;
- Supports the Operations Services reporting activities and deliverables as required.
About Operations Services
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
The successful candidate will have experience preparing executive reports and analysis while utilizing data analytic techniques to generate tangible business insights and recommendations.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience delivering performance reporting, improvement solutions for business problems, applying data and statistical analysis;
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with an ability for explaining complex concepts to people from other fields;
- Experience in the consulting or resource industry is desirable, but not required;
- Ability to operate effectively in dynamic environments;
- Ability to communicate key issues with senior executives as well as operational experts;
- A flexible, resourceful and collaborative problem-solver;
- Ability to identify Key Value Drivers and pursue strategic decisions;
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and performance improvement;
- Degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran