MEM Specialist Reliability | WAIO | Area C | FIFO 5:2 4:3
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Reliability, within the Mining Equipment Maintenance, this role will ensure optimal reliability of the mobile equipment fleet and adherence to work plans and statutory requirements.
In this role you will be responsible for the analysis, benchmarking and internal audit of equipment and Maintenance function’s end-to-end performance and coordinates the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives.
As a Reliability Specialist; you will support business plan delivery on safety, costs and equipment performance through:
- Developing, optimising and governing maintenance strategies to drive continuous improvement and replication of best practices across assets and equipment while optimising value for the long term
- Analysing, monitoring and benchmarking equipment performance (cost, availability, work management data), identifying triggers and take actions to optimise maintenance strategies, eliminate defects, initiate equipment / process improvement projects
- Performing root cause analysis and lead practical problem solving campaigns to address gaps on performance deviations
- Providing input and reviews to maintenance budgets
- Developing scope and justification for Reliability improvement projects and initiating and executing them
- Driving precision maintenance practices including FLAC compliance
- You will have a tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering and/or equivalent Trade Qualification within a relevant engineering or maintenance discipline and relevant reliability experience within mining or heavy industrial environment.
- You will be able to influence others based on data to achieve reliability goals & targets as well as lead improvement projects
- An analytical problem solver you will bring experience with continuous improvement methodologies and an understanding of standardized work practices.
- You are passionate about maintenance, continuous improvement and reliability / defect elimination
- Experienced in defect elimination, facilitating root cause analysis and investigations
- 1SAP experience is preferable
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to prioritise tasks
- Be a team player, but also be able to work effectively unsupervised and be highly self-motivated
- Ability to communicate well across multiple levels and disciplines
- Safety conscious, with proven ability to demonstrate risk management and HSEC behaviours
This role is offered on a 5/2/4/3 FIFO roster at Mining Area C, located approximately 130 km by road north-west of Newman. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, virtual golf, squash courts, and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning. Embracing diversity in thought and practice, Mining Area C team is focused on high performance to achieve benchmark results.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.