Technical Writer | WAIO | Area C | FIFO 5:2 4:3
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The responsibility of the Technical Writer is to support the Maintenance Execution and Reliability teams in developing and continuously updating work instructions (WIN’s) to improve safety, availability and cost management of Mobile Equipment Maintenance.
This role requires a high level of engagement and interactions with different stakeholders to create or improve Work Instructions. This role also supports Reliability team with basic Master Data analysis and improvements.
Key requirements of the role will be:
- Creating, developing and improving documents with key input from our frontline supervisors, maintainers and OEM support team
- Engage other WAIO sites for endorsement and alignment in WAIO governed documents
- Co-ordinate the review information related to Original Equipment Manufacturers recommendations with Reliability specialist or Strategy Optimisation specialists
- Ensuring our frontline maintainers have access to the documents in the field through their IPads and computers
- Support Reliability Specialist with basic Master Data analysis and changes where required
To be our preferred candidate:
- You will have previous demonstrable experience with document management and technical writing, ideally in maintenance area, as well as a knowledge of operational processes and systems.
- You will be Proficiency in Word, Excel & Power Point
- You have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and use your influencing skills when required
- Knowledge of SAP and work management Master Data standards is desirable, but not necessary
This role is site based on a 5/2,4/3 12 Hour Day roster. Please also note this is a permanent role, and those in pursuit of flexible work arrangements are encouraged to apply.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.