Specialist Capital Management | Operations Services | Brisbane or Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This position is based in the BHP Brisbane or Perth CBD office, the Operation Services Team. The purpose of this role is to manage the Operations Services Capital Portfolio, assisting to coordinate funding, project management framework deliverables, and mitigating schedule and cost risks within the portfolio. This role also provides timely and insightful executive reporting and analysis that describes the Operation Services (OS) performance across all metrics.
Reporting to the Superintendent Business Reporting, your core accountabilities will include:
- Lead capital stewardship activities i.e. assessing and challenging Project Delivery Group’s application of the Project Frameworks, verifying assumptions against internal and external benchmarks, deploying fit-for-purpose approach to expedite capital delivery (i.e. study requirements) and maximise capital efficiency.
- Drive engagement between Project Sponsors and Delivery Groups to align stakeholders on the project scope, breadth of required studies, level of governance activities, execution timeframes and operations readiness priorities.
- Provide an independent lens of capital efficiency, portfolio intensity, assumption challenge and governance.
- Develop project prioritisation and decision-making tools to improve portfolio maturity.
- Technical and commercial oversight of key contracting strategies for project development and delivery.
- Identify and implement initiatives and capital metrics to drive improvement in capital efficiency and productivity
- Coordinate with Finance, Business Planning, and Project Delivery Groups to run capital planning processes for Group submissions, including Cash Prioritisation, 2YB and quarterly on-cycle forecasts.
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
- Experienced in engaging with and influencing those outside direct line responsibility including peers, team members, superiors and senior management.
- Technical and engineering acumen to challenge investment case, influence project framing and prioritise capital requirements in support of business outcomes.
- Proficient in identifying and implementing improvement opportunities / efficiencies to enhance productivity.
- Competent at summarising complex data and presenting outcomes clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders.
- Capable of analysing large volumes of data through statistical and predictive methods.
- Experience in Project Management and Capital Investment practices.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in project management, commercial or similar discipline, with an operations and risk management mindset.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to problem solve on complex issues, and work in an integrated team environment effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience in Portfolio Management systems & Investment and decision evaluation skills preferred.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.