Ethics Support Service - Sexual Harassment and Racism Case Manager
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As part of BHP’s Ethics and Investigations department, this role exists to provide information, choices and options to support and empower people impacted by Sexual Harassmentand Racism.
In this role, you will take calls and respond to reports that have been submitted through Ethics Point, BHP’s issue management system. This role is a flexible work arrangement, minimum 4 days a week with the ability to work from home. Our team is based across Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Santiago to cover all BHP locations globally.
Duties and responsibilities
An end to end case management process has been designed to care for people impacted by Sexual Harassment and Racism. In this position, you will:
- Respond to confidential calls from impacted people who want to make a disclosure or anyone who has a Sexual Harassment or Racism query;
- Explain BHP processes and options for investigation, restorative justice, and other resolution pathways;
- Explain options for impacted people to engage with BHP specialist care services;
- Maintain contact with impacted persons to ensure they are able to find support where required and navigate through BHP systems and processes;
- Coach leaders on how to manage and support Sexual Harassment and Racism cases through Trauma Informed Care;
- Drive continuous improvement by promoting and providing visibility on the needs of impacted people through participation in Ethics Projects; and
- Facilitate interactions between key stakeholder teams.
This role can be based in Brisbane or Adelaide
We are looking for a caring and motivated professional that demonstrates:
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with a high EQ
- Experience in case management within healthcare, counselling, social work, psychology or human resources industries
- The ability to adapt and learn new technology systems and processes, who is comfortable within a dynamic and changing environment.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.