Program Delivery Specialist
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting into the Manager Technology Project Delivery – Asset West, we are looking for multiple Program Delivery Specialist – you will have the overall accountability for safely delivering high value Technology solutions at high pace with velocity and an awesome customer felt experience. The Program Delivery Specialist is responsible for end to end project phases to deliver “change-the-business” outcomes.
The Program Delivery Specialist will foster a customer and value-focused leadership mindset where everyone in the team has a part to play and takes accountability for overall business outcomes from Technology solutions.
The fun parts of this role include;
- Leading a culture of care through visible safety leadership and an uncompromising commitment to health, safety and the environment;
- Collaborate with the Assets to develop business cases and investment roadmaps for prioritized initiatives that are focused on value being tracked and achieved;
- Working in partnership with our Assets to develop and maintain a portfolio of prioritized initiatives aligned to both the business objectives as well as the Technology strategy;
- Overseeing all aspects of project delivery by managing budget, scope and schedule and risks whilst maintaining a high level of key stakeholder engagement and guide relevant projects through project delivery;
- Manage allocated Technology Digital projects to the defined scope, budget, schedule, standards, and specifications in accordance with relevant project management processes, standards and tools (e.g. Agile, the BHP Small Project Management Framework, Planview).
- Ensuring effective Project controls for Risk, Cost and Schedule are in place in order to develop, communicate and execute project work plans and allocation of resources;
- Lead positive engagements with our Commercial Partners with appropriate frameworks to effectively apply safety, efficiency and productivity levers
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement that actively adapts ways of working to achieve acceleration and delivery at pace.
You will be a great communicator who understands the value digital products can bring to our Assets and you will be able to get the best out of a diverse team whilst actively engaging with a wide range of multidisciplinary stakeholders.
You will have the following:
- Capable as a mentor, collaborator, team player, and individual contributor
- High levels of empathy complimented by exceptional customer and stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Problem solver with ability to manage and lead the team to push the solution and progress
- The ability to apply a risk mindset to accelerate opportunities and mitigate potential impacts
- People leadership, with the ability to motivate and inspire others to lead and take ownership
- Experience in mining operations or bulk logistics will be beneficial
- Experimental mindset to drive innovation
- Experience in AGILE and other novel “Ways of Working” would be ideal to foster a fast paced, dynamic environment with the ability to respond to change and pivot quickly.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.