Trades Assistant South Flank WA
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
About BHP Operations Services
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
About the Role
We are currently seeking safety focused Trades Assistants to join our South Flank Conveyor Inspection team on 8 days on 6 days off roster flying from Perth.
You will be responsible for conducting conveyor inspections including conveyor belt, belt cleaners, rollers, skirts, data entry, fault finding and escalation. This role could involve walking long distances including inclines and stairs.
In addition, you will be required to:
- Carry out inspections according to documented maintenance procedures and instructions
- Undertake housekeeping as required
- Participate in safe start and other operational meetings as required
- Have a willingness to undertake training as required
- Prior experience working alongside mechanical trades people (advantageous)
- Experience conveyor maintenance, belt scrapers, plough inspection, adjustments, roller and skirt change-outs (desirable)
- Hold a valid Australian C class driver license (HR license desirable)
- Demonstrate a strong team and safety focus
- Additional qualifications and tickets such as forklift license, confined space ticket, EWP ticket and working at heights ticket (advantageous)
What is on Offer?
- Annual bonus scheme
- Outstanding FIFO facilities
- Generous BHP share match scheme
- Continuous focus on developing you to be the best you can be through our Mastery Program
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.