Superintendent HSE Business Partnering | Health & Hygiene | WAIO
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Health & Hygiene Superintendent within the HSE Business Partnering Team to respond, manage & provide technical and functional expertise on health & hygiene related risks to uplift asset capability in health management. You will lead and manage a diverse and inclusive team of health and hygiene professionals responsible for executing improvements at an asset and operational level.
This role maintains strong working relationships across site Operations and Functional management teams and will be based in Perth with flexible site travel opportunities available to support our customer’s needs. In this role you will:
- Provide leadership to a team of high performing Health & Hygiene professionals providing support to operational and functional customers and be an active contributor to the HSE Leadership team across WAIO.
- Design, manage and improve health related systems, processes and resources to optimise their compliance and effectiveness.
- Develop health improvement strategies at BHP to effectively manage the health of personnel either on or off site (ie mental health strategies).
- Provide technical expertise to leadersip on health related programs/initiatives/controls to embed measures that create a strong health and wellbeing culture across BHP.
- Direct and implement improvements to injury management, workers compensation and health and hygiene providers activities and processes to optimate the services available to workers.
- Build capability within the operational leaders to enable them to create the desired health outcomes and enact the risk management and compliance requirements.
- Develop and support the implementation of strategic Health and Hygiene Business Plan initiatives.
- Maintain the implementation of BOS (BHP Operating Systems) and the integration of key HSE elements within the operations and functions BOS routines to achieve HSE KPIs for the operation, function and assets.
- Govern and maintain the design and implementation of Health & Hygiene standards, procedures and systems.
- Review and monitor Health and Hygiene performance and delivery to the HSE Management Systems.
To be successful in this role, you will have a proven passion for HSE and a culture of care. You will also have:
- An overriding commitment to BHPs Charter Values.
- Experience in leading teams is essential.
- Passion for creating an engaging, supportive & inspiring team culture.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving proactive HSE outcomes.
- Formal qualifications and/or equivalent experience in Health or Hygiene related discipline.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to sites across the WAIO portfolio.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence at multiple levels of the organisation.
- Forward thinking and proactive work style.
- A proven ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical initiatives.
- An advanced understanding of HSE standards and systems, as well relevant legislation.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.