Team Leader Service Miner | Nickel West | Leinster | Roster 7/7
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We are currently seeking a Team Lead Service Miner to join our crew at Leinster. The successful individual will be leading a team of Service Crew Miners, responsible for the general mine services and to provide project support to the Mine Development team in the form of installation underground infrastructure and services including but not limited to:
- Maintaining Ventilation in Development headings
- Assist with face preparation and mark up
- Assist with installation of ground support
- Ensuring sufficient consumables and supplies are available for development activities
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping on equipment and in headings
- General Mine housekeeping
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Previous experience in a team lead position within Mine Services
- Minimum C class manual Driver’s Licence essential
- Experience in an underground mining operations environment;
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well within a team to achieve outcomes
- Strong orientation to safe work practices
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants’ suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
About Our Process
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
We are currently seeking a Team Lead Service Miner to join our crew at Leinster.