Maintenance Team Member - Quarries (Montrose)
Location: East Melbourne, Melbourne, Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Boral Quarries is one of Australia's leading quarry operators with over 100 metropolitan and country quarries, sand pit and gravel operations producing concrete aggregates, asphalt and sealing aggregates, crushed rock, pavement materials and sub-base for road, civil and site works. The quarry’s metropolitan location has allowed it to make substantial contributions to both major infrastructure projects and local projects.
About the Opportunity
We are actively seeking a driven and safety focused Maintenance Team Member to join our team based in Montrose Quarry. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor this role will carry out maintenance and repairs in our fixed plant ensuring all equipment is operational and safe for use by our operators. This is a permanent opportunity offering working days of Monday to Friday. Shift commencing at 3pm daily.
- Carrying out maintenance and repairs to fixed plant, ensuring all equipment is operational and safe for use
- Liaise with Plant Operators and Supervisors on any issues that need attention, being safety or production
- Conduct plant inspections & perform preventative servicing and maintenance tasks
- Maintain a neat and tidy workshop and work area
- Participate in site toolbox and safety meetings
- Initiate and communicate improvement ideas that improve efficiency, reduce waste and costs, and
- Ensure company policies, standards, safety and operational business plans are followed at all times
Skills & Experience :
Leaders with the following skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Experience working within the quarry industry, fixed plant maintenance, pneumatics, hydraulics, welding and/or fabrication experience highly desirable
- Trade qualified (Boilermaker, Mechanical Fitter, Engineering) preferred but not essential
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Must be flexible, enthusiastic and reliable, have attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions.
- Strong sense of safety and environmental awareness including compliance within Occupational Health and Safety and Environment Standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive Wages
- Stable employment working in your local area
- Genuine career growth opportunities within Boral Australia
- Access to a variety of support networks including Boral Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work for an organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are interested in this position please press APPLY or visit http://careers.boral.com.au