Sustainability Reporting Specialist | North Ryde
Job Type: Full time
- Use your data analytics skills to be a part of Boral’s sustainability and decarbonisation journey
- Work from home alongside days in our North Ryde office within a team of 10+.
- License to ask questions and obtain information from Finance and Sustainability team members, and operations staff and onsite teams, to get a great understanding of our Sustainability performance and to help drive change.
Your new role
We are currently looking to appoint an experienced Environment & Sustainability Reporting Specialist within our Finance and Sustainability team. The key focus of this position is to provide specialist support in the area of environmental sustainability data and information management to enable accurate and timely sustainability reporting. Reporting directly to the Finance leadership, you will have a close day to day relationship with the Head of Sustainability to ensure that Boral’s Sustainability ambitions are on track.
A day in the life of a Sustainability Reporting lead
- Advise and support the business and relevant stakeholders on current and evolving carbon accounting practices relevant to Boral’s climate and energy strategies.
- Facilitate the capture of all Environment and Sustainability data into a central repository for reporting and analytics.
- Compile external sustainability reports including NGERS and ABS.
- Compile reports on Environmental performance, including Regulatory activity, for Board and Executive level through consolidation of reports from the Divisions.
- Provide environmental sustainability data for external sustainability reports e.g. emissions, energy, water and waste.
- Provide oversight and assurance to ensure integrity of sustainability data, including GHG emissions inventories for scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
Must have technical and behavioural competencies
- Tertiary level qualifications in Environmental Management, Sustainability, Finance or Engineering (or related discipline).
- 3+ years’ experience in an environmental sustainability reporting role.
- Expertise in Carbon Accounting.
- Knowledge of relevant sustainability reporting frameworks/techniques (e.g. SASB, TCFD, GHG reporting standards etc).
- Experience with and knowledge of sustainability areas and their business implications.
- Experience with and awareness of statutory record keeping requirements.
- Experienced with NPI and NGERS reporting.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary package + super
- Ability to work in a flexible environment with a WFH policy allowing employees the best of both worlds.
- The opportunity to apply your industry expertise and influence change.
- Ongoing mentoring and development from outstanding industry leaders and colleagues.
Boral is the largest integrated construction materials supplier in Australia, producing and selling a broad range of construction materials, including aggregates, cement, concrete, asphalt, and recycled materials. Employing more than 5,000 employees and contractors, Boral's operations span 367 operating and distribution sites nationally. Boral is proudly pursuing a lower carbon future through its products and services, for generations to come.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
To apply visit http://careers.boral.com.au or contact Lyndsay.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0492 036 973