Quarry Supervisor (West)
Location: Dubbo, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Boral Quarries is Australia's leading quarry operator with over 100 metropolitan and country quarries, sand pit and gravel operations producing concrete aggregates, asphalt and sealing aggregates, crushed rock, sands and gravels, pavement materials and base and sub-base for road, civil and site works.
About the Opportunity
Unique opportunity for a driven Quarry Supervisor to join our high performing team on a permanent basis, overseeing the day-to-day operations of our Dubbo quarry. Reporting into, and supporting the Quarry Manager, this dynamic and diverse role will support across various key functionalities of the Quarry, including safety, environment, quality control, and performance.
This position will fulfil the successful candidate’s desire for responsibility and accountability in the delivery of key duties, including supervision and coordination of all daily site activities, leading safety and environmental legislation compliance and implementation of business HSE policies and procedures, promoting, facilitating and initiating LEAN activities, as well as driving customer focused product and service outcomes.
As part of an organisation that embraces innovation, your ability to think differently about operations and efficiency will be welcomed, so too will your leadership and mentoring skills with the opportunity to support and develop others around you whilst establishing and maintaining high standards of team performance.
Supported by an experienced manager and team of dedicated Operators, you will be provided ongoing mentoring, guidance, and genuine career growth opportunities nationally, with access to range of different career paths and locations - in the country, city, or by the sea.
- Demonstrated experience in hard rock quarry operations and/or fixed and mobile plant operations; this opportunity would suit a Quarry Supervisor, Quarry Leading Hand or general quarry operational experience
- Previous Mobile Crushing experience higher desirable
- Demonstrated leadership, people management, and/or mentoring skills, particularly when supporting driving compliance and a culture of HSE & Quality
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, all key when liaising with a number of internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to drive results whilst prioritising various competing deadlines
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary + Laptop + Phone + Tool of Trade Vehicle
- Genuine career growth opportunities within Boral Australia
- Opportunity to represent and contribute to a successful and highly regarded business unit within an industry leading organisation
- Ongoing mentoring and guidance from outstanding industry leaders and colleagues
- Access to a variety of support networks including Boral Employee Assistance Program
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
To apply, click on the Apply button or visit our careers website: http://careers.boral.com.au