Plant Supervisor - Concrete
Job Type: Full time
Boral is the largest integrated construction materials supplier in Australia, producing and selling a broad range of construction materials, including aggregates, cement, concrete, asphalt, and recycled materials. Employing more than 5,000 employees and contractors, Boral's operations span across 367 operating and distribution sites nationally. Boral is proudly pursuing a lower carbon future through its products and services, for the generations to come.
About the Opportunity
We are actively recruiting for a hands on Plant Supervisor to provide relief support to our Preston's Concrete Plant. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the effective batching and loading of concrete, as well as overseeing the daily general operations of your allocated site.
This is a permanent, full-time role. The successful candidate must be available to work Saturdays and overtime.
- Managing accurate batching of orders to specified mix designs
- Managing day to day activities of your staff, both employees and contractors
- Effectively partnering with customers to ensure desired outcomes are met in a timely manner
- Managing day to day administration of the Concrete Batch Plants including stock control of raw materials
- Maintain operating assets and working environment to achieve maximum availability and productivity
- Ensure complete adherence to safety procedures and protocols
Skills & Experience
We are seeking a reliable and organised individual who can demonstrate:
- Extensive experience within the concrete industry (or construction materials supply)
- Previous concrete batching experience is highly desirable
- Previous supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership attributes
- Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Good technological abilities and excellent communication skills
- Availability to work Saturdays and out of hours as required
- Flexibility to travel across Sydney
- Competitive Hourly Rate + Overtime
- Ongoing mentoring and guidance from outstanding industry leaders and colleagues
- Genuine career growth opportunities within Boral Australia
- Access to a variety of support networks including Boral Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work for an organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply
- Endorsed employer by Work180 for gender equality
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
To apply, click on the Apply button or visit our careers website: http://careers.boral.com.au