Quarry Supervisor (Mt Napier)
Location: Horsham, Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Boral is currently seeking a Quarry Supervisor to lead day to day operations at our Mt Napier Quarry. The Quarry is located approximately 20 minutes from Hamilton VIC.
About Boral Quarries
Boral Quarries is Australia's leading quarry operator with over 100 metropolitan and country quarries, sand pit and gravel operations producing concrete aggregates, asphalt and sealing aggregates, crushed rock, sands and gravels, pavement materials and base and sub-base for road, civil and site works.
About the Opportunity
This is an opportunity for a driven and safety focused Quarry Supervisor to join our team on a permanent basis, overseeing the day-to-day operations on site. Reporting into the Regional Operations Manager, this role will lead the site team to achieve production targets in a safe and cost effective manner.
This position will fulfil the successful candidate’s desire for responsibility and accountability in the delivery of key duties, including supervision and coordination of all daily site activities, leading safety and environmental legislation compliance and implementation of business HSE policies and procedures, promoting, facilitating and initiating LEAN activities, as well as driving customer focused product and service outcomes.
As part of an organisation that embraces innovation, your ability to think differently about operations and efficiency will be welcomed, so too will your leadership and mentoring skills with the opportunity to support and develop others around you whilst establishing and maintaining high standards of team performance.
- Demonstrated experience in hard rock quarry operations,
- Experience with fixed and mobile plant operations – front end loaders, articulated trucks, crushing plants
- Demonstrated leadership, people management, and/or mentoring skills, particularly when driving compliance and a culture of HSE & Quality
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, all key when liaising with a number of internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to drive results whilst prioritising various competing deadlines
- Qualification in surface extraction operations/ extractive industries (desired)
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary + Phone + Tool of Trade Vehicle
- Genuine career growth opportunities within Boral Australia
- Opportunity to represent and contribute to a successful and highly regarded business unit within an industry leading organisation
- Ongoing mentoring and guidance from outstanding industry leaders and colleagues
- Access to a variety of support networks including Boral Employee Assistance Program
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
To apply, click on the Apply button or visit our careers website: http://careers.boral.com.au