Portfolio Administrator – Corporate Actions
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. This is a unique opportunity to join our growing business, where you will be primarily responsible for the administration of Accolade Client Portfolios, specifically for Corporate Actions.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Corporate Actions Administration and processing;
- Diarise and maintain corporate action diary;
- Client & Adviser notifications of upcoming events;
- Follow up on outstanding elections;
- Process client instructions via cash payments or Chess instructions ;
- Audit client instructions;
- Review ATO announcements and ensure correct CGT processing of corporate action events;
- Create corporate action templates with IRESS / IPS;
- Investigate and resolve Cash and Stock reconciliation issues;
- Assist in Quarterly and Annual Tax Reports for clients in a timely manner;
- Investigate and respond to ad hoc adviser and client queries;
- Assist the rest of the Accolade team with ad hoc portfolio administration tasks and projects.
To be successful in this role, you will have sound knowledge of tax matters in relation to share trading, especially around CGT implications of corporate action events, with a high-level understanding of the Financial Services industry. The successful candidate will exhibit great communication skills with the ability to develop rapport with clients and Advisers and have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role.
In addition, we are also looking for the following attributes:
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Able to prioritise;
- Good phone manner;
- Flexible and reliable in nature;
- High attention to detail.
Why work for Canaccord Genuity?
Canaccord Genuity is a leading Capital Markets and Wealth Management firm with a global presence. Our team has over 300+ professionals across seven offices nationally primarily located in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. Our Australian Capital Markets consists of advisory, investment banking, research, and sales & trading. Key to our success is our ability to combine local knowledge with global reach.
We provide a great range of employee benefits including study assistance, paid volunteer leave, the ability to purchase additional leave, subsidised gym membership and much more.
Canaccord Genuity is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/canaccord-genuity
Applications close COB 30 September 2022.