Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Engineering Lead - Core Media Platform (AU remote)
Job Type: Full time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group/team
The Media Platform group is on a mission to build a platform that can process, store and distribute billions of images, videos, and audio efficiently. The Core Media team within the Media Platform group is responsible for the ingredients that are at the core of Canva experiences: images and fonts. We also manage the licensing of these ingredients in the Canva library to ensure users and contributors are benefited from our growing ecosystem.
Our team owns and operates some of the biggest scale services at Canva, dealing with billions of content, and unlocking other teams to ship their best features. This is also an exciting time to join Media Platform because we are building the next generation of the platform, including a multi-tier file system and a unified interface for ingredients.
About the role/specialty
You’ll coach and mentor other engineers to help them do their best work, while partnering with multi-functional leads to roadmap goals and milestones. You’ll be communicating with partners from outside the team to ensure project alignment and coordination. Code reviews will be what you do to ensure code is maintainable, well-tested, and well-architected.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
- We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.