Lead Product Designer - Education Product
Job Type: Full time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Group you’ll be joining
The Education Group is on a mission to empower creativity in every learner from kindy to the workplace. This year, our group is doubling down on a number of critical initiatives to help us achieve our company level strategy of getting Canva into every classroom and Campus.
So far we’ve launched our K-12 and Campus product but this is just the beginning of our journey. As a Product Designer joining the Education Group, you will help us in helping learners of all ages and abilities.
What you'll do in the role
You'll lead the design direction and UX strategy for our core K-12 and Campus experiences in Canva. This includes defining and delivering end-to-end experiences that empower students, teachers and admins to plan, instruct and assess work in the classroom and collaborate in classes. Your sphere of ownership covers how our users:
Onboard into schools, districts and campuses: paving the way for students and teachers to easily discover and create and enter schools, districts and campuses on Canva across the world.
Get verified: ensure students are safe and protected in Canva by helping us quickly and easily verify teachers and faculty and get them into the right schools and campuses.
Activate: enable teachers, students and admins to create with confidence in classes, with other students and colleagues by surfacing the right templates based on their subjects, grades and more.
Adapt: assess new features launching at Canva for the needs of K-12 and Campus students, teachers and administrators to ensure they are safe and easy for learners of all ages to use.
You will not only have the opportunity to optimise existing education experiences in Canva but also the opportunity to define new and innovative collaborative experiences that truly empower creativity, and learning. You will work with designers, product managers and engineers across the Education Group, Teams and Education Supergroup, and Canva, and have a team-focused design mentality. You are excited for and have experience in leveraging every aspect of the user-centered design process to tackle challenging user problems and are comfortable collaborating with and influencing stakeholders across Canva to achieve alignment and buy-in
Goals you'll achieve in the first 6-12 months
about the role
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
- We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
You’ve got this!